- Ph.D. in Science, Osaka University, Japan (2003)
- The Physical Society of Japan
- American Physical Society
- The Surface Science Society of Japan
Areas of Interest
- Electronic structure methods based on density functional theory and many body perturbation theory, and their application to surface and interface problems
- 2013 - present MANA Scientist, International Center for Materials Nanoarchitectonics (MANA), and Global Research Center for Environment and Energy based on Nanomaterials Science (GREEN), National Institute for Materials Science (NIMS), Japan
- 2009 - 2013, Assistant Professor, Advanced Institute for Materials Research, Tohoku University
- 2003 - 2009, Postdoctoral researcher, Institute of Scientific and Industrial Research, Osaka University
- P. Scherpelz, M. Govoni, I. Hamada, and G. Galli
Implementation and Validation of Fully-Relativistic GW Calculations: Spin-Orbit Coupling in Molecules, Nanocrystals and Solids
J. Chem. Theory Comput. 12 (8), 3523-3544 (2016)
E. Inami, I. Hamada, K. Ueda, M. Abe, S. Morita, and Y. Sugimoto
Room-temperature concerted switch of a binary atom cluster
Nat. Commun. 6, 6231 (2015).
I. Hamada, R. Shimizu, T. Ohsawa, K. Iwaya, T. Hashizume, M. Tsukada, K. Akagi, and T Hitosugi
Imaging the evolution of d states at a strontium titanate surface
J. Am. Chem. Soc. 136, 17201 (2014).
van der Waals density functional made accurate
I. Hamada, O. Sugino, N. Bonnet, and M. Otani
Improved modeling of electrified interfaces with the effective screening medium
Phys. Rev. B 88, 155427 (2013).
T. Kumagai, A. Shiotari, H. Okuyama, S. Hatta, T. Aruga, I. Hamada, T. Frederiksen, and H. Ueba
H-atom relay reactions in real space
Nature Mater. 11, 167 (2012).
I. Hamada, A. Uozumi, Y. Morikawa, A. Yanase, and H. Katayama-Yoshida
Density-Functional Theory Study of Self-regenerating Catalyst LaFe1-xMxO3-y (M=Pd, Rh, and Pt)
J. Am. Chem. Soc. 133, 18506 (2011).
I. Hamada and M. Otani
A comparative van der Waals density functional study of graphene on metal surfaces
Phys. Rev. B 82, 153412 (2010).
I. Hamada, K. Lee, Y. Morikawa
Interaction of water with a metal surface: Importance of the van der Waals forces
Phys. Rev. B 81, 115452 (2010).
I. Hamada, M. Otani, O. Sugino, Y. Morikawa
A Green’s function approach to elimination of the spurious multipole interaction in the surface/interface slab model
Phys. Rev. B 80, 165411 (2009).
M. Otani, I. Hamada, O. Sugino, Y. Morikawa, Y. Okamoto, and T. Ikeshoji
Electrode dynamics from first principles
J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 77, 024802 (2008).